A highly competent team of doctors and therapists is on hand in the “Xundheitswelt” - a branch of the sport and performance physiology section of the University of Vienna Institute for Sports Science - to develop tailor-made fitness programmes for all those who want to live a healthier life, whether beginner or top athlete.
Be healthy and stay healthy - the “Moorheilbad” (moor spa) in Harbach, the “Herz-Kreislauf-Zentrum Groß Gerungs” (Cardio-Vascular Centre in Groß Gerungs) and the “Lebens.Resort” in Ottenschlag are the leading partners of the “Waldviertel Xundsheitswelt” whose philosophy is a forerunner in the field of active health care and prevention. As well offering the classic therapeutic treatments, the “Xundheitswelt” is not only an oasis of well-being but also a centre of competence for people of all ages who are interested in running and walking.
Running and Nordic walking in the beautiful countryside of the Waldviertel uplands, coupled with first-class sports medicine and diagnostics, is the key to success.
The professionally marked running and Nordic walking routes at the four “Xundheitswelt” site locations in the beautiful countryside of the Waldviertel uplands cover a total of 230 km.
All “Xundwärts“ routes are described in detail and colour-coded as follows:
- blue up to 2.5 km
- green up to 5 km
- yellow up to 7.5 km
- red up to 10 km and longer
Choose your route according to your personal ftness level. All routes are circular.
The concept of the Motorik-Park®, developed by sports scientists and the national field athletics trainer, Dr. Roland Werthner, is based on improving coordination (orientation, control, balance, reaction and rhythm) as well as agility, strength, speed and stamina.
An unparalleled combination to promote health and vitality!
Various sports-medical packages specially created for runners and walkers are on offer in the “Xundwärts” centre:
- sports-medical potential analysis
- fitness and performance tests
- analysis of exercise and running styles
- programmes designed to improve and perfect running and walking skills
- individually devised training schedules
In addition to the competent and well-qualified team of doctors and therapists employed by the “Xundsheitswelt” (world of health), the following experts are involved in this project:
• Univ. Prof. Dr. Norbert Bachl (Head of the Institute for Sports Sciences, University of Vienna): responsible for sports-scientific and sports-medical supervision
• Mag. Dr. Werner Schwarz (sports scientist, government advisor for elite sport, Olympic trainer): responsible for sport and trainings-scientific supervision
• Dr. Roland Werthner (sports scientist): planning and realisation of the Motorik-Park®