Kaja Ruin

On the move in the national park in the Thaya Valley.

After having fallen into disrepair over the centuries, the remains of the Kaja fortification including the knights’ hall, chapel and residential quarters can now be visited thanks to the initiative of a non-profit-making organisation. The Kaja ruins are situated to the south-east of Hardegg and were first officially mentioned in about 1150. The popular Kaja festival takes place here every year on the first Sunday in July.